It is very important that all dancers treat themselves, their teachers, their peers and the academy with the utmost respect. We encourage our students to think of the CAD as a safe place to express themselves in an inclusive and caring environment.
- Students are not to attend classes if they are feeling sick or unwell.
- Please strive to arrive punctually with proper dancewear, footwear, and hair grooming. View our uniform requirements.
- Runners worn in Hip Hop must be clean, and Tap Shoe screws must be securely fastened and checked regularly. All dance shoes must have student’s name in them.
- Please prepare your young dancers for their dance class by explaining that a dance class is not a playground but a place where the students must follow instructions from the teachers for their enjoyment and safety.
- No jewelry is to be worn, and no chewing of gum permitted during class.
- Do not leave valuable belongings in the waiting areas.
- Washrooms are to be kept tidy.
- No food or drink (except water) permitted in studios at any time.
- It is expected you will adhere to any rules and guidelines set out by your instructors, remembering that respect for all staff, fellow students, their belongings, and academy property, will be in place at all times.
- Please inform the office when you are absent.
Please enter and exit the parking lot slowly and with extreme caution as it is a very busy area. There is to be no parking in front of the Community Services building at the back. Parents of young students are required to meet their dancer inside the building. Thank you.