You’re invited to our Competitive Team Auditions!
Our competitive team is a great way for dancers to push themselves, build strong friendships and to pursue their love of dance! We offer competitive classes in many genres including jazz, lyrical, contemporary, hip hop, acrobatics and broadway. Competitive classes are open to anyone from 9 years to adults – we hope to see you there!
Our schedule for Saturday, August 29th:
10:00am-11:30am All Genre Audition for Students Grade 4, 5 & 6
11:45am-1:15pm All Genre Audition for Students Grade 7 & 8
1:30pm-3:00pm All Genre Audition for Students Grade 9, 10, 11 & 12
*These auditions will consist of 30 minutes of jazz technique and improv, 30 minutes of a technical combo (mix of jazz, lyrical and contemporary), and 30 minutes of hip hop. The students do not need to be auditioning for all of these genres in order to participate in the audition. Your completed forms will let us know which groups you are interested in auditioning for and we will place you accordingly. All auditions will be filmed and sent to the choreographers so that we may create well matched groups.
3:15-4:15 Acrobatics Auditions
Adult Auditions are via video submissions, please contact the office if you are interested in receiving further details
- Please fill out your Audition Form ahead of time and bring it with you. There will be extra forms on hand if needed.
- Arrive 10 minutes early to sign in and warm-up. We will welcome you into the building when we are ready for you.
- Please review our Covid policies to make sure you are aware of the safety measures that will be in place (note that these have been adjusted slightly).
- Wear appropriate attire for your audition (fitted dance attire for jazz/lyrical/contemp, dress the part for hip hop). Hair should be neatly pulled back.
- Don’t be hard on yourself! We want you to enjoy your audition and your time back in the studio. Everyone is welcome and we encourage all to attend that are within the required age range.
- If you are unable to attend the auditions but would like to be considered for the team, please email the office a copy of your audition form.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.